Flightstar Aircraft Services LLC. •
Performs skilled, safety sensitive manual work to accomplish fuel tank related tasks on aircraft as assigned. Reads, performs and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work. FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads instructions and all cautions/warnings/notes information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work. Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Working knowledge of Flightstar’s integrated operating systems (AMROS) relating to locating parts, alternate part numbers, and requesting of parts and tools.
- Technician position requires rotation of head/neck, bending and twisting at the waist, walking, crawling, crouching, standing, kneeling, reaching, climbing/balancing, flexion/extension, contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms and the use of personal safety gear for face, eyes, hand/arm, and ears. Also, ascends and descends ladders and platforms. Use respirator and other safety equipment as required.
- Receives fuel team job assignments daily from Lead Fuel Tank Technician and communicates/documents all work accomplished as required.
- Ensure aircraft is properly grounded prior to cleaning operations, as required.
- Removes and installs fasteners on fuel access plates on the aircraft when directed.
- Cleans aircraft fuel tank structure (exterior and interior) and components thoroughly, undergoing inspection according to company policy and his/her supervisor’s instructions.
- Prepare surface (e.g., masking, drying, vacuuming) for paint.
- Assist in pressure testing.
- Obtain necessary sealant, solvent, cleaners, and wipers from hazardous material crib or shop storage area. Set-up ventilation equipment, as required, to supply fresh air in work areas.
- Assist other fuel technicians with repetitive ‘in process’ sealing on open and accessible wing integral fuel tank items and other assemblies (e.g., floors, ribs, spars, wing panels).
- Assist other fuel technicians with sealing and/or topcoat per specifications including fillet seal to system components, bushings, fittings that penetrate fuel cells, and tubing ground straps, sealing heads and collars of fasteners.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g., scissors lifts, elevated work platforms).
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in an approved manner (e.g., solvents, thinners, and primers).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Assigned Program Manager SUPERVISES:
Non-Supervisory role HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION:
In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years’ experience providing knowledge of fuel tank entry techniques, terminology, parts, etc. Familiar with 14 CFR Part 91/121/145 preferred.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Individual will perform daily transactions within Flightstar’s ERP system (AMROS), vending (POU), as well as research customer’s maintenance manuals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
SAFETY: Works safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Reports unsafe working conditions and behavior. Takes reasonable prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Adheres to Flightstar’s SMS safety culture.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE: Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Program Manager.
Job Ident #: