5K Sign-on CBP - QC Inspector Laredo, TX (IA Required)
--Seeking a QC with current IA to support the CBP program on AS-350/EC-120's
--$5,000 sign-on bonus contingent on continuous employment for at least one year
--$37.54/hr current union rate
Job DescriptionBASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
· Responsible for the management of all Quality Assurance Programs from PMO; ensures maintenance performance is according to PAE, FAA, and DoD standards and Technical Orders as appropriate.
· May be designated as Chief Inspector.
· Reports directly to the Site Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Ensures that the performance of required aircraft airworthiness inspections are carried out and that forms and certifications appropriate to both military and general aviation aircraft are prepared.
· Ensure that all assigned aircraft meet required operating standards for flight as well as safety requirements.
· Monitor all required forms and reports related to aircraft, as well as the related parts inventory, parts usage, and associated ground support equipment.
· Review aircraft and engine logbooks.
· Review and monitor engine trend analysis, oil analysis, hydraulic sampling programs, and trends in aircraft material condition.
· Investigate repeat discrepancies, determine the cause(s), and identify the necessary corrective actions.
· Make entries into the Maintenance Records System using the Aircraft Maintenance Report or other reports as required.
· Assist in general housekeeping and clean‑up.
· Coordinate training and safety functions as required at selected sites.
· Requires an FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license with a current Inspection Authorization (IA) with at least one (1) year of experience in a similar full‑time aircraft maintenance environment.
· Have at least five (5) years recent experience working full‑time as an aircraft and powerplant mechanic.
· Must have above average working knowledge of both military and general aviation aircraft and systems.
· Have experience and knowledge in upkeep of aircraft/engines and systems.
· Requires experience and knowledge of aircraft/engine maintenance records and logbooks.
· Have demonstrated a record of successful technical performance, reliability and initiative.
· Must possess analytical ability to objectively evaluate other individual's job performance from the Quality/Safety aspect.
· Must possess thorough knowledge of DS2 Quality Policies and Procedures.
· Must possess a thorough knowledge of those functions which are monitored.
· Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Must be able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance of at least “Secret”.
· Must be able to obtain a passport, visa and be able to perform worldwide travel on short
· Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
· Must to able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Security Clearance
· Hazardous Communication / MSDS
· CPR/Bloodborne Pathogen
· Driver License
· Support Equipment License
· Hazardous Material Handling
· Corrosion Control
· Respirator *
· Aircraft Ground Handling
· Daily Inspection
· Tool Inventory
· Foreign Object Damage (FOD) Prevention
· Freon Servicing
· Electro Static Discharge
· Explosive Handling (CAD)
· Run-Up and Taxi
· Weight & Balance
· Fork Lift
· Portable Fire Extinguishers
· Aviation Gas Free Engineering (SCC & WTU Only)
· Vibration Analysis
· Aircraft Welding*
Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
Business Process History
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC