A&P Mechanic - ORD
Envoy Air, Inc. •
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Envoy Air is an American Airlines Group company. As a regional airline, we're in the business of transporting people from one destination to another. It is a huge responsibility and takes a coordinated effort from the whole team to accomplish this - including our Mechanics. Our Aircraft Mechanics are certified with both their Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) licenses and have the important responsibility of maintaining our fleet. Do you have precision, patience and a commitment to safety? If you're up for the challenge we want you to join our team. Envoy offers competitive benefits and awesome flight privileges!
- Ensure our fleet meets aircraft standards as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Maintain the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components while in service or while undergoing scheduled overhaul maintenance
- Completed tasks according to FAA regulations, company policies and procedures, and instructions from Crew Chiefs, Supervisors and Managers
- Certify the quality of personal workmanship, including signing mechanical flight releases for field work
- Complete necessary paperwork and computer entries for any maintenance performed
- A wide variety of duties are performed such as dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabricating, assembling, welding and erecting all parts of an aircraft; which includes airframe, engines, radio equipment, instruments, electrical systems, heating systems, cooling systems, and hydraulic systems
- Test and inspect parts, subassemblies or completed assemblies
- Assure the shop/work area is maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
- If qualified, may be responsible for taxiing and towing aircraft for maintenance purposes
In this role, the Mechanic must have attention to detail in order to ensure tasks are completed with precision. The ability to trouble shoot is critical in this position.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license
- Valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being considered for this position
- Ability to differentiate colors such as: red, green, yellow, blue, black, brown, white and orange
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including, nights, holidays, weekends and days off
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- A minimum of one (1) year of aircraft maintenance experience
- FCC General Radio Telephone Operators license
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
- Mechanics must maintain a valid passport and the ability to travel freely to and from all of the cities/countries served by our Airline in order to complete field trips
- This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement (unless in Abilene, TX)
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- If applicable, Federal law requires Envoy to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC