Trans-Pacific Air Charter LLC •
Primary function: The Primary function of the Airframe and Powerplant Technician is to provide service to inspect, replace, repair, maintain, overhaul and troubleshoot airframes, parts and components, in compliance with policies, manuals, procedures and requirements.
- Performing inspections, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, part replacement and repairs, as well as other routine maintenance such as fluid servicing and lubrication.
- Plugging in and starting aircraft with power cart.
- Perform aircraft maintenance work in accordance with FAA and Company regulation.
- Read and interpret technical and maintenance manuals, diagrams and blueprints.
- Document or record all work performed using Company provided logs, task cards, forms, tags or computer systems.
- Research and order parts and determine appropriate repair action/s.
- Assist other technicians with a variety of tasks related to aircraft maintenance and aircraft movement.
- Ability to mentor and train (OJT) / FOD Control / Housekeeping Duties / Proper Storage and how to maintain a clean, organized work area.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position; additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as appropriate.
- Accessing elevated areas of aircraft for maintenance and servicing which may require the use of ladders, jet stairways, high lift trucks, boom lifts and other lifting devices.
- Climbing, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, sitting, working overhead, extensive walking, working in tight/confined spaces and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Handling hazardous material in performance of assigned duties.
- Be able to use Personal Protective Equipment (e.g., respirators, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc.)
- Must have a FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Must have a valid US driver's license (revoked, suspended or expired are not considered valid)
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must Have 2+ years’ experience min with trouble shooting, repair, and maintenance of aluminum and/or composite skinned, pressurized jet Part 25 aircraft.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift in a 24/7 operation, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
- Must be organized, neat and clean.
- Reliable & punctual attendance
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, maintenance manuals, and other maintenance documents to troubleshoot and complete work assignments
- Keep and maintain detailed records of the inspections performed, repairs completed, maintenance procedures and purchase orders.
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft components
- Test aircraft operations to identify malfunctions and confirm airworthiness
- Adjust, align and calibrate aircrafts using hand tools, gauges, etc.
- FAA Airframe Inspector Authorization a plus
- 5 years’ experience+ preferred.
- Ability to obtain US Passport if needed
- Engine Maintenance, Overhaul and Repair a plus
- Honeywell 731 Engine Hot sectioning, Borescope, etc. experience a plus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- PTO/Vacation Days
- Sick Days
Job Ident #: