Aircraft Maintenance Technician II Premier Private Jets - Stuart, FL Our company is a part 135 operator based in South Florida. We are currently seeking candidates for the position of A&P Maintenance Technician. We currently operate a small fleet of jet aircraft in the light and mid-size class. Our fleet consists of Hawkers and Citations.
The Technician position will be responsible to conduct maintenance of all company aircraft. Candidates must have a proven track record in quality and safety. Nights and weekends are common in this position and candidates will need to be flexible and available. Work is conducted in a hangar as well as an outside environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
Skills and Qualifications
- Responsible to the Director of Maintenance for performance of aircraft maintenance.
- Performs quality maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections to conform within company standards, federal regulation and industry best practices achieving the highest reliability goals.
- Accomplishes assignments in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, industry best practices, OSHA, and IS-BAO requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring airworthiness as defined within 14 CFR by researching permanent records, maintenance tracking program, FAA Airworthiness Directives, Manufacturer’s Service Bulletins and Customer Bulletins on aircraft.
- Complies with internal Premier Private Jets policies and procedures outlined within the general maintenance manual (GMM), general operating manual (GOM), maintenance procedures manual (MPM) or any other standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Troubleshoots reported mechanical discrepancies and handles complex technical challenges.
- Ensures all required entries into the aircraft logbooks and permanent records are accurate and preserved in accordance with company and FAA requirements.
- Updates and interfaces with computerized maintenance tracking program.
- Responsible for the procurement of parts and materials.
- Performs maintenance planning, along with management oversight of inspections, repairs, and modifications, as assigned.The technician is encouraged to proactively provide recommendations for modifications and upgrades, as necessary.
- Assists the DOM in obtaining vendor proposals for upcoming maintenance packages.
- Assists in the research and establishment of contracts, publications, and subscriptions in support of the aircraft maintenance.
- Maintains a purchase order log for all expenditures on assigned aircraft.The technician may have external maintenance monitoring responsibilities with third party vendors and contractors.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized work environment and reports any unsafe conditions.Other duties as assigned...
- Hawker experience preferred
- Citation experience preferred
- Gulfstream experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and schedule planning.
- Excellent computer proficiency (EBis, MS Office, CAMP/Avtrak/CMP)
- Knowledge of EBis software is preferred.
Education and Work Experience
- A&P License required
- College Degree preferred, but not required
- 5-10 years previous experience.
- Aircraft Maintenance: 5 years minimum required
- Knowledge and experience with Citation, Hawker and Gulfstream aircraft preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and time management skills required
- Must be experienced working with the FAA and have strong comprehensive knowledge of 14 CFR 91 & 135.
Ability to work without constant supervision
Compensation and Benefits
- Job Type: Full-time
- Relocation: Negotiable
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Company paid health care and 401k plan available.
- Must submit to drug screen and background check.