A&P Technician- UMT - Base
HIRING EVENT IN ORLANDO, FL
Thursday, February 27th 10am-7pm
Location: Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
850 Village Oak Lane
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Bombardier Aviation is currently recruiting hundreds of positions worldwide including aircraft technicians, customer response team technicians, engineers, production support, supervisors and more.
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale Service Center was established February 1995 and is located in “The Venice of America”; the gateway to South and Central America. Located at Fort-Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Fort Lauderdale facility is winner of several FAA Diamond Awards. The 133,552 sq ft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina, Aruba, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Mauritius, Mexico and Venezuela.
In your role, you will:
- Perform maintenance on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data and FAA/JAA regulations
- Perform inspection, make adjustment and repair, replace components, and correct any malfunction or deficiency with and without power applied to the aircraft
- Access and re-install aircraft components, which obstruct the performance of assigned tasks
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations
- Document work performed per Inspection Procedures Manual (IPM)
- Perform engine removal and installation
- Perform structural modifications or repairs
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on components detached from the aircraft, for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors, and leading edges
- Assist with fueling/defueling aircraft as required
- Perform other tasks, for example, cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods, and equipment, and loads and secures ballast and/or freight as required
- Assist Aircraft Engine Technicians and Electronic/Avionics Technicians in troubleshooting and repairing aircraft
- Assist with complex repairs at on-site and off-site locations
- May perform Designated Inspector (DI) function as qualified by QA
- Troubleshoot aircraft for problems during routine inspections
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing interior and/or mechanical and electrical components per applicable flight test procedures during test flights
- Fabricate and assemble aircraft parts per engineering specifications
- Operate ground support equipment (GSE), for example, tugs, jacks, nitrogen and oxygen servicing
- Work on aircraft as well as in shops
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
- You have at least 8 years general aircraft experience which must include a minimum of 5 year of experience on jet aircraft
- You have an A&P license
- You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You must have the ability to be available for considerable travel with 2 hours’ notice, to include extended assignments lasting up to 30 days.
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents, maintenance manuals and repair manuals
- You have the ability to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must have a valid Passport and able to Travel
- Must have a valid Driver’s license in good standings.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC