The Aviation Ground Support Equipment (AGSE) Mechanic Lead will supervise routine maintenance and inspections of various AGSE in support of the WASS/A contract. Will perform various aircraft field level and limited sustainment maintenance actions on various specialty equipment. Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned tasks is mandatory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide oversight and supervision over routine maintenance on aviation ground support vehicles, equipment and parts, and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul all types of diesel and gasoline engines.
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Determine causes of operating errors and decide courses of action.
- Apply principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the troubleshooting, repair and installation of parts.
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Operate under minimal supervision and achieve technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher level technician.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.