AS332 / AS565 - Avionics Technician
Global Aerospace Logistics, LLC •
Assist the Avionics Section Supervisor to accomplish scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and performs intermediate maintenance inspections, services, and repairs on all avionics systems of the aircrafts.
Will also be responsible to:
- Repairs, replaces, and performs operational/functional tests on instruments, radios, navigation and aircraft flight control equipment's, stabilization systems, avionics and aircraft communication systems, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment and traces avionic and communication equipment wiring harnesses using technical manuals and schematic drawings to diagnose and isolate faults and effect repairs.
- Diagnose malfunctions in avionics and communication operation, using special and common hand tools, test measurement and diagnostic equipment to locate the source.
- Removes, services, prepares, preserves, cleans, and stores avionics and communication components.
- Uses and performs user maintenance on common and special tools.
- Disassembles and inspects avionics and communication systems, subsystems, and components for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Solders, lugs, routes, ties, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring of avionics and communications.
- Connects auxiliary component parts, wiring, cables, lines, and accessory units to avionics and communications, fits, trims, aligns, and adjusts parts and components according to blueprints and assembly procedures, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Tests installed parts and accessories for continuity and functionality, using test equipment.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Requisitions avionics and communication parts and maintains shop and bench stock for repair the avionics equipment's.
- Inspects and prepares forms and records related to maintenance in accordance with Repair Manual.
- Train host national personnel on the proper maintenance of the avionics/communication system.
- Must be willing to travel or relocate to Forward Operating Bases (FOB) in support of the aircraft maintenance program. Participate in maintenance test flights as required.
- Responsible for tools and equipment's inventory assigned by the supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have current and valid documentation showing Airbus Helicopter type training or a completion of a formal electronics (avionics/communication) training course from an accredited military or civilian aeronautical school.
- Military training school graduated preferred but not required.
- Must have a minimum 5 years working experience with aircraft avionics, communication and instrument systems in at least one of the following helicopters: A109 Agusta, AS330 Puma,AS332 Super Puma, AS365 Dauphin, AS555 Fennec, AS565 Panther, CH-47 Chinook, UH-60 Black Hawk.
Job Ident #:
S/Puma - Panther Avionics