Republic Airline •
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 180 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our Maintenance Bases include Columbus, OH, Washington DC – Reagan Int’l, Newark, NJ, Indianapolis, IN, LaGuardia, NY, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, and Charlotte, NC. With more than 5,200 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Performs inspection on completed maintenance, repair, modifications and other maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment in accordance with standards and regulations.
- Performs assigned inspection functions in accordance with Company and maintenance manual inspections to ensure that aircraft are maintained to prescribed standards of airworthiness.
- Accomplishes Required Inspection Items (RII) to ensure maintenance work is done completely and accurately.
- Audits completed aircraft maintenance documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Completes Detailed Visual Inspections (DVI) and General Visual Inspections (GVI) on completed maintenance.
- Performs Non Destructive Testing (NDT).
- Grants approval to mechanics to close airplane component after inspection.
- Provides guidance, technical support, and training to mechanics. Conducts on the job training.
- Assists maintenance with research and interpretation of manuals and technical data.
- Performs Structural Defect Reporting (SDR), Fatigue Critical Structure (FCS), and Major Repair Reporting.
- Conducts Receiving Inspection and Mutilation of Beyond Economical Repair (BER) of Aircraft Parts.
- Uses tools, equipment and test apparatus necessary to assure completion of the work in accordance with accepted industry practices. Verifies that all calibrated tooling is current on its calibration. Evaluates the area and equipment that will be utilized to ensure that safety is not compromised before performing any maintenance action. Applies safety first at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe working environment throughout the work shift.
- Updates Supervisor on progress of work performed. Reviews paperwork at the end of shift to ensure that all work accomplished is signed for prior to departing the maintenance facility. Assists with completion of shift turnover reports in accordance with procedures in the GMM.
- Completes all department internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, etc. including performing maintenance computer system transactions as required (MEL, DMI).
- Adheres to established work schedule. Participates in shift meetings and briefings as required.
- Submits in writing any suggested changes in operational procedures that will enhance safety and cost effective aircraft maintenance.
- Accesses Company Intranet to become familiar with and utilize the GMM and aircraft manuals. Ensures part effectivity is correct per aircraft.
- Adheres to recurrent training, including required FAA AMT training, and keeps necessary licenses and certification up-to-date.
- Reads and acknowledges understanding of maintenance newsletters and Company Emails on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent with an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license with at least 1 year of experience. Experience using a computer to look up information and input data. RII certificate.
- Preferred - Previous experience as an A&P mechanic or airline experience. Non Destructive Testing license. Quality assurance experience.
- No previous felony convictions and a stable employment history.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Must possess the required tools.
- Able to work both in a team setting and individually.
- Able to pass an FAA required 10 year work history review and pass criminal background and fingerprint checks. Willing to submit to and pass FAA and Company mandated random drug and alcohol tests.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight stays.
- 3/8" Drive Socket Set with 6 and 12 Point Sockets- 1/8" to 1 ½"
- 1/4" Drive Socket Set with 6 and 12 Point Sockets-1/8" to 9/16"
- Standard Wrench Set- ¼” to 1 1/8”
- Assorted Screwdriver Set
- Hammers – Hard and Soft Face
- Standard Plier Set
- Safety Wire Pliers 6"
- Wire Stripper
- Pin Punch and Punch Set
- Pick Set Assorted
- Cordless Drill (Recommended)
- 6" Metal Rule
- Inspection Mirror
- SAE Allen Wrench Set
- Metric Allen Wrench Set
- Toolbox (minimum 3 drawers) or small tool bag, capable of holding and carrying all your tools and withstanding the abuse of day to day line maintenance duties
Up to 50% of the time
Job Ident #: