Aircraft Mechanic - Vertex Aerospace
Vertex Aerospace •
VERTEX AEROSPACE is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility, rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our international presence and a vast range of services distinguish us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated & Maintained Base Supply, Engineering, Training Support, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, & Overhaul, and all levels of Maintenance for UAVs, helicopters, and airplanes.
At Vertex Aerospace we are always seeking to hire Aircraft Mechanics for a wide variety of assignments. These positions range from CONUS to OCONUS locations in support of our clients. A recruiter will review your resume and determine if you meet the qualifications for any vacancies that are open. The Recruiter will then direct you through the appropriate application process for the position.
Aircraft Mechanics responsibilities include but are not be limited to the following:
- Must promote Company values, policies, and standards of conduct
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance.; may require being knowledgeable with documentation software
- Clean, refuel and change the oil in line service aircraft.
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift, overtime, or weekend duty as required
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems
- Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations.
- Test operation of engines and other systems, using test equipment, such as ignition analyzers, compression checkers, distributor timers, or ammeters.
- Disassemble engines and inspect parts, such as turbine blades or cylinders, for corrosion, wear, warping, cracks, and leaks, using precision measuring instruments, x-rays, and magnetic inspection equipment.
- Reassemble engines following repair or inspection and reinstall engines in aircraft.
- Inventory and requisition or order supplies, parts, materials, and equipment
- Examine engines through specially designed openings while working from ladders or scaffolds, or use hoists or lifts to remove the entire engine from an aircraft.
- Service and maintain aircraft and related apparatus by performing activities such as flushing crankcases, cleaning screens, and or moving parts.
Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC