Aircraft Mechanic - Cannon AFB
Zenetex, LLC •
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 800 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas.
Growth within our FRCSW Aircraft Maintenance contract has created new opportunities for experienced MV-22/CV-22 (or similar) Airframe Mechanic IIs. These positions are in support of the 27th Special Operations Group/20th Special Operations Squadron.
- The Airframe Mechanic II will inspect, maintain, and repair aircraft structures, hydraulic/pneumatic systems and system components. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Performing scheduled, unscheduled, special and phase maintenance inspections
- Performing corrosion prevention and treatment to include repainting surfaces on squadron aircraft
- Inspecting and making repairs to rubber and plastic components used in the aircraft structure
- Cleaning, treating, priming and applying approved top coat paint surfaces to protect body of aircraft
- Troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and fuel system discrepancies operating the required tooling and equipment while observing safety and contamination standards
- Performing maintenance in the removal, repair, replacement, and installation of aircraft component parts such as wings, control surfaces, access panels, landing gear doors, engine access doors/ cowlings, component rigging, and landing gear
- Operating support equipment for flight line maintenance
- Utilizing precision tools to perform structural repairs and modifications to exacting standards in accordance with provided technical data
- Utilizing mechanical and hand blending techniques of major aircraft structural components using high speed grinders, sanding blocks, DA sanders, and similar tools
- Preparing the aircraft, panel, and part surfaces prior to coating/painting using mechanical stripping methods
- Providing maintenance support such as mechanical stripping, and/or sand applications on aircraft, panels, and parts
- Working independently interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications to facilitate aircraft service change installations
- Fabricating metal repair and modifying aircraft sheet metal and composite structure and various aircraft component parts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years of aviation maintenance experience, with at least 2 years of experience on aircraft as a structure/ sheet metal mechanic
- Experience with the MV-22/CV-22 aircraft preferred
- Possess a strong knowledge base of Maintenance Instruction Manuals (MIMs), maintenance publications, orders, and directives
- Demonstrated knowledge of fluids and gases and the principles of their use, as applicable to hydraulic/pneumatic systems
- Practical knowledge of color-coded charts of aircraft plumbing, piping, lines and electrical systems and interpretation of technical data
Work Environment (ADA)
- Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
- May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC