Aircraft Mechanic II - Flight Line (CH-53), MCAS Miramar
Zenetex, LLC •
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 900 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas. A new contract award has prompted the opportunity for an experienced CH-53 Super Stallion Aircraft Mechanic II, Flight Line to support our Contractor Field Team (CFT)
The Flight Line mechanic will perform flight line troubleshooting and repair for the Power Plants, Airframes, Egress/Environmental, and Avionics systems during launch and recovery cycles in support of the sorties and timelines of the daily flight schedule. Other duties may include:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Performing daily pre-fight and post-flight inspections.
- Ensuring that proper safety procedures and precautions are followed on the flight line and in hanger deck areas.
- Performing hot and cold refueling of aircraft and removing and installing power plants, components, and parts as required.
- Working as part of a team to troubleshoot airframe and engine components.
- Removing and replacing aircraft component parts to include engine removals and replacements.
- Operating support equipment for flight line maintenance of installed aircraft systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years of aviation maintenance experience, with at least 2 years of experience with the Ch-53 aircraft
- Demonstrated knowledge of aircraft engine systems and the ability to interpret technical data
- Working knowledge of power plants and the principles of their operation
Work Environment (ADA)
- Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as the ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
- May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Favorable government clearance. This will require the ability to pass an in-depth background investigation.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #: