ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 900 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas. A new Contractor Field Team (CFT) contract award has created the opportunity for a Sheet Metal Mechanic II to support the 1121st FS at Andrews AFB ANG, Camp Springs, MD. We are offering sign-on incentives to include per diem and a sign-on bonus!
- The Sheet Metal/Aircraft Mechanic II will perform aircraft maintenance, inspections, and scheduled / unscheduled maintenance, and provide technical guidance on maintenance operations on the F-16 aircraft
- Performs maintenance and modifications on assigned aircraft
- Repairs, fabricates, modifies, reshape, and installs aircraft sheet metal parts, items and assemblies
- Follows blueprints, measures for correct alignment, cuts sheet metal to size, drills holes, fastens members together by bolting, riveting, glue etc. Recommends methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance
- Performs maintenance and interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufacturers' manuals
- Makes entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory.