Airline Maintenance Controller
Republic Airline •
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 180 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our Maintenance Bases include Columbus, OH, Washington DC – Reagan Int’l, Newark, NJ, Indianapolis, IN, Louisville, KY, LaGuardia, NY, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, and Charlotte, NC. With more than 5,200 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Oversees the quality and quantity of all line maintenance work performed by Company and on-call maintenance provider vendors. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Establishes and oversees the completion of assignments by maintenance associates working on active aircraft at gate and hangar operations. Redirects work assignments as required.
- Authorizes the use of and supervises on-call maintenance provider vendors contracted to perform maintenance and return aircraft to service.
- Provides technical knowledge and logistical support to Maintenance and flight crews for active fleet maintenance discrepancies, Minimum Equipment List (MEL) issues, configuration deviation lists and res-schedules to determine proper and timely corrective action.
- Coordinates with Maintenance, flight dispatch, maintenance planning, materials, engineer and QA inspection, providing current and continuing follow-up to ensure positive corrective action is made as promptly as possible for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Oversees and coordinates aircraft ferry flights as needed. Assesses when aircraft charter services are needed to recover aircraft grounded at outstations and to relocate parts for aircraft requiring maintenance.
- Collects and provides information on all daily cancellations and delays resulting from maintenance or materials related problems to complete daily Flight Interruption Reports.
- Ensures MEL Deferred Item status is current and within time limits authorized by the MEL.
- Updates other controllers and Maintenance Control Coordinators on progress of work performed. Assists with completion of shift turnover reports in accordance with procedures in the GMM.
- Completes all department internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, etc. including performing maintenance computer system transactions as required.
- Provides coaching and on-the-job training as directed.
- Adheres to recurrent training.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent with an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license and at least one year related experience in Maintenance Control or similar area.
- Possess basic computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience in Maintenance Control, as an A&P mechanic or airline experience. An FCC license is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and technical maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of associates of the organization.
Job Ident #: