At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This is a Long Term Assignment to Qatar up to 4 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided.
Supervises, inspects and performs AVUM, and AVIM maintenance on aircraft turbine engines and components including the engine Auxiliary Power Unit (APU). Removes, replaces, services, prepares, preserves, cleans and stores engine assembles or components. Disassembles repairs, reassembles, adjusts, and diagnostically tests turbine engine systems, subsystems and components according to directives. Assists in troubleshooting engines and rigging engine controls. Performs maintenance operational checks on aircraft engine/powerplant systems. Uses and performs user maintenance on common and special tools. Requisitions and maintains shop and bench stock for repair of aircraft engines. Prepares request for turn-ins and repair parts and engine components. Prepares forms and records related to maintenance activity. Provide OJT, coaching, and mentorship to the QAF personnel in the use of all applicable technical publications, tools, test equipment, and special equipment applicable to this discipline, thereby enabling them to become effective Aircraft Powerplant Technicians.
• Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
• Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
• Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
• Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
• Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
• Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
• Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
• Oversees training.
• Works under general direction.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Travel both domestically and internationally on short notice.
- 5+ years of experience working as an aircraft mechanic.
- Powerplant repairs on the General Electric T700-series engines.
- 3+ years T700-GE701D engine experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation (ULLS-A(E)) and with Enhanced Logbook Automation System (ELAS) entries.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Possess the FAA, A&P certificate.
- Previous experience overhauling the General Electric T700-GE701C engines.
- Prior experience or qualified in another aviation maintenance discipline.
- Prior experience working in the Southwest Asia/desert region.
• High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position does not offer relocation for the training period in Arizona. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
• Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on requirements of the country.
• Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable.
• Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country.
• Because the candidate selected will be expected to go on an international assignment, the offer will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain clearances from International Health Services and the receipt of a visa/work permit to the country in which he or she will be assigned. These contingencies also apply to any/all family members who may be relocating with the candidate.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.