Automotive/Ground Equipment Mechanic - ORD
Envoy Air, Inc. •
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Automotive/Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic performs maintenance assignments requiring the skills of one or more of the maintenance trades such as auto mechanic, heating and air-conditioning engineer or other similar skilled journeyman trades. The Mechanic maintains equipment within the facility such as aircraft tugs, tow tractors, belt loaders, power units, and company vehicles. The mechanic performs the necessary sequence of operations to troubleshoot and diagnose in order to disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, assemble, install and adjust any automotive and ground equipment, machinery, accessories, and parts.
In this role, the Mechanic must have attention to detail in order to ensure tasks are completed with precision. The ability to troubleshoot is essential in this position.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver’s license
- Trade certification as an Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Transport Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic, or twelve (12) months' experience in one or more of the maintenance trades
- Work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and days off
- Ability to distinguish colors red, green, yellow, white, and blue
- Lift items weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
Additional Position Details
- Previous experience maintaining mobile ground power (generators), air conditioners (up to 110 ton), air start units (but will also consider experience in Farm or Heavy Industrial equipment)
- Automotive Inspection certificate/licenses
- Experience in maintenance trades such as auto mechanic, heating/air conditioning, or other similar journeyman trades
- This position is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Job Ident #: