DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – Saint Louis, MO
DRS Land Systems is seeking to hire a full time Basic Assembler. This position performs basic assembly functions, which may include: preparation of product for assembly, mechanical, harness, cable, and visual inspection of products or sub-assemblies, utilizing work instructions, models and/or drawings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs basic assembly functions, which may include: preparation of product for assembly. Operate pallet jacks and electrical lifts to load and unload product from shelving.
- Performs very simple assemblies and hardware installation of screws, washers, and nuts, possessing a basic understanding of build documentation.
- Interprets work instructions & assembles multiple units in an assembly process.
- Performs basic troubleshooting.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment (WHMIS)
- Must be able to operate basic hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret manufacturing documentation including: routers, parts list, work instructions, etc
- May be required to perform more specialized manufacturing duties such as: wire prep, auto bond, and sleeving.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC