Completions Inspector (Second Shift)
Flying Colours Corp. •
FLYING COLOURS CORP.
was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
This position skill sets are based on an aviation background, GD&T Principles and Practices ISO 9001 & AS9100/9102 Quality Management Systems First Article Inspection, Lean Manufacturing Practices/Metrics/Reporting.
This position ensures product conformity to establish requirements by evaluating product to customer and/or Engineering drawings, specifications and related documents.
This position conducts receiving, in-process and final product inspections, and documents results in various reports/logs in the Quality System Network. This position may also interface with Customers, Suppliers and /or Regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Performs inspections, as well as In-Process and Final inspections of parts and assemblies in accordance with applicable Engineering criteria, documents, drawings and workmanship standards.
- Performs inspections using Precision Measurement equipment/devices.
- Performs functional testing of assemble units.
- Acts as customer liaison for Source inspection activities.
- Coordinates calibration activities and maintain records of various tools, instruments and gauges used for Product acceptance or Verification/Validation.
- Ensures proper operation of measurement equipment by following operating instructions.
- Assists Engineering and Operations in the investigation of non-conformities.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by following guidelines and procedures, and complying with all applicable regulations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of aviation experience.
- Minimum of (2) years of inspection experience applying GD&T Principles and Practices
- Extensive knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, surface plates, micrometers, height gauges, radius gages, bore gauges, and dial indictors. Good manual dexterity and adept in use of precision measuring tools.
- Knowledge of programming and running PCMM's and CMM's
- Knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality management systems; working knowledge of First Article Inspection requirements per AS9102
- Working Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices, Metrics and Reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools, Specifically Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must possess appropriate mathematical and analytical skills to determine acceptability of product(s) based on established criteria.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to discern colors Vision (OR Corrected) Acuity of 20/2
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Ident #: