Component Shop Mechanic
Traincroft / TSI Aerospace •
1. Consistently and accurately disassemble, clean, evaluate, perform repairs, modifications and assemble components in accordance with approved data
2. Follow procedures found in component maintenance manuals, service bulletins, ORI’s, OREI’s, drawings, check sheets, etc.
3. Review and interpret related paperwork to ensure proper identification of parts, operational sequence and record information on appropriate documentation.
4. Perform repair of detail components by filing, stoning, lapping and polishing.
5. Write up results of evaluations and communicate repair requirements for work performed within our facility or sent to outside sources.
6. Chemically treat repaired surfaces in accordance with approved data.
7. Drill, ream, tap and change studs
8. Install helicoils, bushings and liners by shrink fitting and arbor press.
9. Adhere to all EH&S requirements, FAA & EASA regulations, company rules, policies, procedures and corporate initiatives.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent: Required
• Trade School Certification: Preferred
Skills and Experience Required:
1. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
2. Experience in using power and hand tools.
3. Experience using precision measuring instruments and gages such as feeler gages, dial indicators, micrometers, calipers, etc.
4. Must be competent in the use of torque wrenches and have a complete understanding of SAC torque specification SS9300.
5. Good Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
Basic FAA Requirements:
• Safety Sensitive Position requiring inclusion in FAA certified Drug & Alcohol Prevention and Screening Program
• Basic skills in mathematics such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
• Language: Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• Must adhere to all EH&S requirements, FAA & EASA regulations, company rules, policies, procedures and corporate initiatives.
1. Capable of standing/walking for extended periods without breaks
2. Capable of lifting 25lbs. unassisted.
3. Must be willing to work occasional overtime as required to support business requirements
Job Ident #: