Flightstar Aircraft Services LLC. •
Performs skilled work to identify and remove composite damage, and install composite repairs to aircraft. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work. FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using basic hand tools or basic equipment provided. Performs skilled manual and technical work as instructed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Provides instructions and training regarding aircraft work and company procedures and safety standards to personnel assigned to him/her as apprentices, if any.
- Able to read and understand aircraft manufacturers design drawings and data ie. SRM, AMM, and IPC to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs proper repairs to aircraft parts, such as fiberglass, graphite, carbon fiber and aluminum structures.
- Familiar with resins, film adhesives, pre-pregs, fiberglass cloth types, core types and materials.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Familiar with basic hot bond repairs such as damage assessment, damage removal, surface preparation, laying up, bagging and finishing repairs.
- Must be able to work independently or with others with minimal supervision.
- Has the ability and skill to work in expeditious manner in order to accomplish assignments in allotted time.
- Must have effective verbal and writing communication skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Composite Supervisor under the supervision of the Lead Composite Mechanic SUPERVISES:
Non-Supervisory role HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION:
In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of applicable experience in aircraft composite repairs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required. FAA A&P license (in good standing) preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Individual will perform daily transactions within Flightstar’s ERP system.
SAFETY: Works safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Reports unsafe working conditions and behavior. Takes reasonable prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Adheres to Flightstar’s SMS safety culture.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE: Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Manager.
Job Ident #: