At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Crew Chief, in conjunction with Supervisor, will oversee and / or perform daily activities for an assigned functional area of Bombardier Commercial Aircraft Service.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop & Hanger positions)
- Coordinate workload, OT and make job assignments
- Conduct Team Meetings in conjunction with Supervisor
- Provide technical guidance / expertise in functional area
- Train employees
- Mentor and provide performance feedback
- Provide input on disciplinary actions, PMP and selection process
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Oversee employee activities and document as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
As our ideal candidate,
• You typically have two (2) years practical aircraft maintenance experience
• You must have A&P certification
• Typically five (5) years aviation or stockroom experience to include one of the following areas: warehouse, shipping / receiving, tool crib, parts inventory, requisition development and stocking
• Thorough knowledge in functional area as evidenced through previous skills and experience
• Ability to train employees in functional area
• Ability to planning and organize tasks and work flow
• Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
• Ability to work shift with limited direction
• Basic PC skills
• You are available to work evening shift
• You have thorough knowledge in functional area as evidenced through previous skills and experience
• You have planning, organizational and PC skills needed to prioritize, assign and coordinate work
• You have advanced knowledge of inspection/ maintenance procedures in functional area
• You have advanced knowledge of pertinent reference materials
• You have communication and computer skills necessary to effectively and accurately interact with external and external customers
• You have full understanding and knowledge of all avionics, tooling and equipment
• You typically two (2) years Bombardier experience – preferred
• You are familiar with principles and demonstrates active engagement with Achieving Excellence System - preferred
• You are familiar with active engagement of 5S and Lean Principles - preferred
• You are senior level within functional area - preferred
• You exhibit leadership skills - preferred
• You are FAA and A&P Certificate as applicable within assigned area - preferred
• You have zero quality escapes within last year - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC