Electronic Technician: CBP Del Rio, TX
--Seeking an electronic tech to support the CBP program on AS-350/EC-120's
--$28.03/hr current union rate
Job DescriptionBASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
• Performs maintenance on aircraft electrical and electronics systems, instruments, auto pilots and Navigation Systems as required.
• Responsible for overseeing and performing scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance; inspections and corrosion control of aircraft components, airframe and powerplant; and maintain appropriate aircraft records and logs.
• Reports to the Maintenance Manager. Site Supervisor and or the Site Manager.
• Must be customer oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Troubleshoot all avionics systems, conducting fault isolation and repair of faulty components.
• Build up and replace faulty wire harness/bundles as needed.
• Test avionics systems periodically as required for preventative maintenance.
• Install/modify Government furnished Classified Communications Equipment according to applicable Technical Directives, industry standards and FAA regulations.
• Produce new and modify existing wiring diagrams according to applicable technical data/documents and FAA regulations.
• Perform corrosion control inspections on aircraft avionics components and take corrective actions when necessary.
• Perform quality assurance inspections on avionics equipment and ensure all avionics test equipment and special tools are calibrated on schedule and prior to usage.
• Coordinate with the appropriate supply personnel to ensure that an adequate inventory of electronic and electrical components are available.
• Conduct off-station maintenance when required.
• Effectively communicate with the customer in a courteous, professional manner and research any reported aircraft discrepancies through fault isolation to make repairs.
• Wash, clean and maintain the interior and exterior of the aircraft to company standards.
• Support the Tool and FOD Programs by maintaining a clean work areas and following procedures.
• Maintain aircraft log books, status reports, historical and administrative data as required.
• Follow manufacture’s, government, DoD and FAA technical data required to appropriately maintain CBP aircraft in accordance with the required regulations and airworthiness standards.
• Operate or maintain Ground Support Equipment, vehicles or equipment as required.
• May be required to exercise independent judgment and travel or relocate to other geographical locations including foreign countries on temporary duty.
• Minimum of five (5) years recent experience working full-time as an Avionics Technician.
• A FCC General license is preferred.
• A current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate is preferred.
• A thorough working knowledge of both military and general aviation electrical and electronic systems, and components and pitot static systems.
• Experience in repair/maintenance/installation of intercommunications, ADF, LF, VHF, HF, and UHF communications, navigations systems, instrument landing systems, auto pilots and associated aircraft lighting systems.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• The mental and visual ability to read, understand and interpret detailed technical publications and instructions.
• Must be a US citizen and completed high school or equivalent.
• Must have the ability to deal courteously, professionally, and effectively with the customer.
• Must be able to obtain a passport, visa and Government security clearance and travel to support field operations.
• Must be able to work well with others or independently, predicated on the scope and depth of operations at specified sites
• Analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical and administrative details.
• May require an FAA Form 8060 1 Repairman Certification within 90 days of assignment to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a office/hangar/flight line environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office/hangar/flight line activities. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)