F-15 Air Plane General Technician
Aviation Placements •
The purpose of this position is to service, adjust , remove and make initial technical order modifications. Accomplish overhaul, make minor repairs, install and perform periodic, intermediate and major inspections.
- Troubleshoot all types of aircraft hydraulic, and pneumatic systems controlling and/or operating such mechanics as control surface boosters, landing gear, tail skids, brakes, nose wheel steering, anti skid flaps and other hydraulically actuated components.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions of major aircraft system on the F-15 Aircraft. From worksheet listings TCTO’s and noticeable defects and from own findings during examinations makes necessary adjustments, replacements and modification of the systems.
- Checks wheels, tires and tubes for wear cuts, pits, cracks and corrosion.
- Connects hydraulic test stand to aircraft; sets to operate at specified flow and pressure for system being checked.
- Makes complete operation and functional checks to entire hydraulic/or pneumatic systems and their hydraulically controlled or operated mechanisms and their emergency operated systems.
- Removes, reinstalls and rigs landing gear struts and components.
- Checks operation of landing gear, running required number cycles as given in TO’s
- Troubleshoots malfunctions during these tests and takes corrective action such as adjusting valves to proper setting; uses high pressure air compressor to service struts and accumulators; and adjust or replaces parts as necessary to insure proper operations of all hydraulic systems within specified tolerances as given in T.O.’s
- Functionally inspects all item wheel well and hydraulic systems to determine as serviceability or extent of repair to return items to serviceability, or extent of repair to return the items to serviceability in accordance with engineering requirements and technical data.
Work experience: 5 years
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)