F-15 Life Support Specialist
Aviation Placements •
The Life Support Specialist is responsible for inspecting repairs, tests, packs, and maintains safety, life support, egress, and communications equipment for flight crews.
Requirements:Knowledge & Skills
- Perform and document periodic inspections on personal flight equipment such as flight helmets, oxygen masks, and flotation devices.
- Plan for flight line support and install life support equipment prior to flights and offload the equipment after flight.
- Fabricate equipment items from drawings or special instructions from technical orders.
- Conduct recurring training in egress procedures and survival equipment for flight crew members as required.
- Provide instruction to new life support equipment technicians.
- Develop, maintain and review life support forms, reports, and training documents.
- Demonstrate qualification for all aircraft egress and escape system equipment maintenance and inspection for all company aircraft types and models.
- Perform additional assignment with in 6FW unit, according to squadron commander orders.
Experience & Education
- Knowledge of Air Force procedures and publication.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.Knowledge of personal computer applications (Word – Excel – Power Point).
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Training certificate in Aircraft Maintenance or associated discipline.
- 10 years of Life Support experience.
- 3 years experience as a seven (7) skill level or equivalent.
- Experience in safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- Work is outdoors with weather conditions of extreme heat and humidity.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)