F-15 Sheet Metal & Structure Mechanics
Aviation Placements •
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, surveys and evaluates and accomplishes major aircraft structural repairs. Troubleshoots structural repair situations, inspects repair operations and completed repairs of plastic, fiber glass, metal and extended aircraft structural components and supervises airframe repair activities.
1. Perform in-shop repairs, fabricate and modifications of aircraft skins, panels, and structural components.
2. Fabricate aircraft tubing from diagrams or samples.
3. Make repairs with fiberglass on items such as radomes and flight control surfaces.
4. Repair canopy fairings and polish canopy and windscreen surfaces when damaged.
5. Perform TCTO modifications on various equipment.
6. Perform all types of flight-line repairs ranging from screw removal to cracked skin repairs
7. Perform repairs and modification on non-aircraft equipment.
8. Train RSAF to the 5 and 7 level
Qualifications and Experience:
1· High School Graduate, or higher education. F15 Structural Repair Technician courses from the U. S. Air Force or equivalent studies
2. Professional / Specialty: F-15 Structural Repair
3. Number of years expernence: 5 Years in Skill Level (if required): 3
4. Must have experience in basic aircraft structural repairs and modification, F15 preferred.
5. Must be able to read and work from aircraft structural blue prints.
6. Possess skills in fabrication of aircraft tubing and perma-swedge repairs.
7. Operate and maintain in shop fabrication equipment.
8. Repair and polishing of canopy surfaces.
9. Must be able to use precision measuring devices.
10. Must have high mathematical ability and be able to accurately assess damage and repair action.
11. Must be able to perform any structural TCTO modification within specified time constraints.
12. Posses' knowledge of sealants and adhesives.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)