F-15 SA CMS - Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Aviation Recruiting, LLC •
• Service, adjust, remove, and make initial technical order modifications.
• Perform overhauls, minor repairs, installations, and periodic, intermediate and major inspections.
• Troubleshoot all types of aircraft hydraulic and pneumatic systems controlling and/or operating such mechanisms as control surface boosters, landing gear, tail skids, brakes, nose wheel steering, anti-skid flaps and other hydraulically actuated components.
• Check wheels, tires, tubes for wear, cuts, pits, cracks and corrosion. Connect hydraulic test stand to aircraft; sets to operate at specified flow and pressure for system being checked; makes complete operation and functional check to entire hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems and their hydraulically controlled or operated mechanisms and their emergency operating systems.
• Work with electricians and aircraft mechanics in making adjustments to attain proper travel of control surfaces.
• Functionally inspect all items in wheel well and hydraulic system to determine serviceability, or extent of repair to return the items to serviceability in accordance with engineering requirements and technical data.
• List all discrepancies on inspection sheets.
• Write up discrepancies on proper forms.
• Visually inspect for damages caused by corrosion, rust, loose, damaged or missing parts, chaffing binding or worn cables, bent broken or leaking line valves and pumps, seals, separation of laminated "honeycomb" parts, broken locks, hinges, or fasteners.
• Condition inspect parts removed from aircraft components.
• Research part numbers and other parts that are unserviceable and annotates on proper forms.
• Perform initial technical order modifications, change door and lock mechanisms on landing gear; change position of lines, valves, and actuators.
• Perform minor repairs such as removing rust, pits or corrosion from parts.
• Maintain tools and equipment in a clean and serviceable condition and stores same when not in use.
• Ensure work products meet all technical orders specifications.
• Stamp Work Control Document for all work operations for which incumbent is certified, denoting final acceptance. (May be called upon to stamp WCD for work operations performed by others for which incumbent is certified.)
• Work under the supervisor who gives work assignments as to aircraft and equipment to be worked, together with any specifications, blueprints, microfilms, sketches, project directives, and RSAF directives. (Work is spot checked during progress and upon completion by quality for compliance with applicable technical orders and instructions.)
• Perform all other duties assigned by APG Supervisor.
• 7 years of experience (must be USAF 5 or 7 Level)
Job Ident #: