Fabricator – Pinellas Park, FL
HQ Aero Management Inc. •
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced Fabricators for openings in Pinellas Park, FL.
This is a CONTRACT TO HIRE Position.
Lays out, fabricates, and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models, and engineering or shop specifications. Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Computes dimensions; determines machining and material or parts required. May perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solve problems relating to unusual materials, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Performs multiple duties in the machine shop including, programming, tool selection, part set-up, and operation of various machine shop equipment. Uses MasterCAM 3D Mill to generate G-Code programs to be run on 3-Axis CNC machining centers. Sets up CNC equipment and verifies part conformance to either blueprints or 3D engineering models. Operates and monitors the operation of CNC equipment. Inspects parts using various inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, and gauges) and makes necessary adjustments to programming to maintain consistent part quality. Works with engineering to ensure affordability is met through design for manufacturability.
- More than 7 years of hands on machining experience with CNC machine tools.
- Ability to interpret advanced blueprints or engineering drawings.
- Ability to set up CNC fixturing using best shop practices.
- Ability to maintain safe operations and work area by adhering to safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Proficient in generation and troubleshooting of G-CodeCNC programs from engineering drawings and/or 3D models using MasterCAM Mill 3D.
- Advanced knowledge of proper speeds and feeds with respect to cutting tools and materials.
- Clear criminal background check mandatory.
- Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening and background checks is mandatory.
Job Ident #: