At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Field Service Representative to support the business at NAS North Island, CA
Work to fully integrate all program elements, aircraft production, modifications, engineering services and CLS to assist the Navy with maintaining the highest mission capable rates. Improve customer satisfaction through frequent and open communication with all customer contacts. Rapidly respond and resolve all customer support issues.
The FSRs shall provide technical research and guidance in the resolution of field problems related to installed equipment and systems and provide over-the-shoulder assistance and training to the Organizational Level maintainers for all aspects of line maintenance and servicing of the C-40A aircraft. The FSRs shall participate in functional check flights, operational flights, and travel worldwide to assist in aircraft repair, as requested. The FSRs shall be on-site two (2) hours prior to schedule mission departure and one (1) hours prior to scheduled arrivals with a minimum of eight (8) hours per day work requirement.
Collect and provide Data deliverables as necessary to maintain both internal program management requirements and contract delivery/report requirements.
Support US Navy (USN) customer aircraft ground operations to include; preflight, post-flight, thru-flight, home-station scheduled inspections, scheduled inspections, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks, including aircraft wash and lube, aircraft launch, recovery and servicing, its systems, subsystems, components, engines and support equipment/test equipment; perform aircraft/systems troubleshooting to verify, isolate, and correct systems malfunctions. Oversee and provide advice in the identification and requisition of proper repair parts while troubleshooting. Provide advice and guidance on hard to obtain supply parts and support equipment.
Provide advice in the identification of and instruction on the use of Boeing Publications, special tools, handling equipment, to include Ground and Peculiar Support Equipment (GSE/PSE), and test equipment associated with and related to the equipment/system.
Provide on-site on/off equipment and publication training, including drill weekends, to squadron personnel on installation, maintenance, and operational techniques pertaining to the adjustment, calibration, troubleshooting, bench check, routine maintenance, inspection, and repair of the prime equipment/systems. This position requires ability to lead classroom training as required by the Navy customer.
- Minimum five years of Boeing 737NG avionics and electrical systems
- Minimum one year experience in both 14 CFR 121 and ETOPS maintenance operations.
- Must be capable of obtaining a valid US passport, and be able to travel and provide this support at other locations. Some travel may be for extended periods.
- Minimum five years experience with the use of, and be able to interpret commercial technical data including drawings, maintenance and operations manuals.
- Familiar with VECTOR/BOECOM process.
- Current FAA A&P license preferred. A minimum of ten years recent aerospace experience as FAA certified A&P mechanic.
- Able to provide and facilitate on-site classroom and hands-on proficiency training to squadron (active and reserve component) personnel in Line Maintenance and FAR Part 121 process and procedures, CAT I and II significant ETOPS systems. Develop training course, curriculum and training materials to support customer instruction is preferred.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree and or 10 plus years related military or commercial experience, a Masters degree and 8 to 12 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Current FAA airframe/powerplant license preferred.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (Ability to obtain interim clearance pre-start and final post-start)