Fuel Cell Mechanic, Greenville, SC
PDS Tech, Inc. •
Fuel Cell Mechanic
Greenville, South Carolina
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Fuel Cell Mechanic, in Greenville, SC.
Performs removal, installation, and inspection functions of fuel cells in addition to assembly, and installation of components such as fuel lines, hardware, and fittings on various aircraft.
Analyzes various aircraft sealing, structural, and assembly drawings, to detect seal level deficiencies on aircraft.
Diagnoses results of leak test to detect drawing, specification, structural and assembly sealing errors.
Recommends corrective action necessary to correct deficiencies.
Performs disassembly and teardown operations of aircraft fuel systems and related components.
Removes fuel cells and components from aircraft, following specific procedures and techniques.
Prepares cavity for installation of fuel cells and components.
Installs fuel cells and components, following specific procedures and techniques.
Uses appropriate pressure test equipment, and make repairs as required.
Works from operations shop orders, diagrams, blueprints, engineering orders, mil-specs and verbal instructions.
Work with jigs, fixtures, and various tooling, as operations requires. In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform confined space entry into C-130 and P-3 aircraft fuel tanks, the opening of which is approximately 10” x 16”.
Must be able to read and speak English. Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Mission essential functions and other duties may be assigned as required.
Candidate will provide shadowed toolbox with etched tools per minimum inventory and specifications as detailed by the company.
(Education, years of experience, specific skills or tools, etc.)
Certifications/License Requirements: (ie: A&P, Forklift, etc.)
- Candidate must possess 3 years aircraft fuel cell experience.
- Candidate must provide tools in accordance with minimum tool listing, shadowed and etched per company policy/procedures.
- Candidate must have the ability to become confined space certified for entry into aircraft fuel tanks with an opening of 10”x16”.
- Candidate must comply with FAA DOT medical requirements for employee performing a safety sensitive function.
- Requires respirator physical, FAA DOT medical and the ability to become confined space certified.
- Must be able to become confined space certified for entry into P-3 and/or C-130 Fuel Cells.
Specific Physical Requirements (ie: stand, walk, stoop, etc)
- The employee must frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
For additional information/hourly rate please contact:: SR Recruiter:
Earl SawyerDirect Number: 843-277-6616Email:
PDS Tech has a variety of new openings daily;
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC