H-60 Structures/Sheetmetal Technician - Norfolk
General Dynamics Information Technology – GDIT, is looking for an experienced Structures / sheet metal Aircraft Technician to support the US Navy H-60 Aircraft Platform. Candidate must demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of the aircraft structures modifications with fastener and flat pattern lay-out, close hole tolerance drilling, understanding of the working characteristics of sheet metal, knowledge of tools and equipment utilized with sheet metal trade and installation of TD – AFC, AYC, AVC as per IDP instructions and Involved with the design, development, modification and analysis of various systems. MH-60S, MH-60R aircraft experience will be a
The H-60 position will be located in Norfolk VA and San Diego,CA, however, there will be requirements to deploy to CONUS locations such as Pax River MD and Jacksonville FL and Yuma AZ for assignments along with some overseas travel to OCONUS locations, therefore the candidate must have or be able and willing to travel and able to obtain a US Passport.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Structures Technician job duties include performing system upgrades, new system modification and integrations on aircraft structures and components including but not limited to, routine and non-routine maintenance. Prototype or Validation install, repair and replacement of aircraft components, and equipment, and aircraft open and close up on US Navy H-60 Aircraft.
- Proficient reading TD, IDP and Blueprint Drawings.
- Experienced in TD incorporation, Close Tolerance Hole Drilling, Flat pattern Layout and Fastener
- Hole layout, knowledge of tools and equipment utilized with sheet metal trade.
- Candidate should also have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to develop supporting documents and policies in support of ISO 9000-2001.
- An active Secret security Clearance is mandatory.
- Current unexpired passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport
- Minimum or 5 Years Aircraft Experience
GDIT is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Salary Range: $28 to $30
Location: Norfolk, Virginia,
USA / / San Diego, California. USA
Benefit package includes holiday pay, 401(k), Vacation / Sick Leave, medical and dental, vision and Disability Insurance available.
Moderate physical activity, stooping, bending, kneeling. Handle objects up to 50 pounds regularly, up to 100 pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools.
some to CONUS/OCONUS locations
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC