Summit Aviation Delaware •
POSITION SUMMARY: The Helicopter Technician reports to the Helicopter Supervisor of Rotor Craft and is responsible for the installation, repair, modification and routine maintenance on MD500 helicopters as required to support the local law enforcement agency; operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, space vehicles, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Examine and inspect engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks, such as flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be willing to have a background screening and be able to pass a DOT drug screen. Mist be willing to have a flexible schedule (definitely alternating on-call status, possible off-set shifts, occasional no standard hours (start early/stay late), occasional weekends, etc. If on call must be within a 60 minute response to Prince George's County Police Department located at 6709 Corporal Frank Scott Drive, College Park, MD 20740. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); A&P license required, MD 500 experience preferred but not required. Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully an individual should have the ability to interact with and enter data into spreadsheet software.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team environment and self-direct work.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; walk, talk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions such as extreme cold and heat, work near moving mechanical parts and vibration and work in high, precarious places. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and work with explosives. The noise level in the work environment falls within acceptable limits of OSHA guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMERThis job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected by the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)