Perform visual and functional inspections of aircraft and components during all phases of maintenance as assigned by Inspection Management.
1. Identify and document discrepancies noted during inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems.
2. Read and interpret technical data and work instructions.
3. Identify location of discrepancies by using fuselage body stations and butt lines.
4. Interpret and ensure compliance with all maintenance manuals, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and Fleet Campaign Directives
5. Inspect work performed by technicians and determine that work is performed in accordance with approved/acceptable data as applicable
6. Ensure safety procedures are followed and potential damage to customer or company property is minimized by overseeing aircraft maintenance activities.
7. Perform receiving inspection for new and continued service parts ensuring serviceability by verifying proper certification and inspecting for condition and shipping damage.
8. Conduct aircraft weight and balance operations using approved maintenance manuals and scales.
9. Ensure completion of logbook entries and providing maintenance release for work performed.
10. Perform surveillance to ensure compliance with all applicable FARs, company and customer policies, and procedures during the course of day-to-day assignments.
11. Perform inspections on products only for which they have been properly trained and qualified.
12. Ensure aircraft and surrounding areas are in a safe condition for the work being performed.
13. Perform responsibilities to being authorized to act on behalf of the repair station.
14. Inspect aircraft and components during the course of maintenance or modification ensuring all work performed conforms to the technical data.
15. Perform various types of nondestructive testing, including but not limited to Eddy Current testing, Penetrant testing, and Magnetic Particle testing, Ultrasonic testing and Radiographic testing.
16. Inspect aircraft and components during the course of maintenance or modification ensuring all work performed conforms to the technical data.
17. Perform Engine Boroscope inspections using approved technical data and equipment.