Lead A&P Technician - GX/LJ - 2nd Shift
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford Service Center offers a great place to learn from the best in business aviation. Established in February, 1981 as a 70,000 sq ft facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000 sq ft and over 235 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programs to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
The Lead A&P Technician 2nd Shift, in a working capacity and in conjunction with the supervisor, oversees daily activities for an assigned functional area of Bombardier Business Aircraft Services (i.e., Quality, Maintenance / Operations, Line Maintenance, Interiors, Exterior Finish, Building Maintenance, Open / Close, etc). Specific Group Leader responsibilities may vary based upon assigned area.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hangar positions
- Comply with Environmental / Health / Safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
- Coordinate workload, overtime and job assignments for team members in assigned functional area
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to assigned employees in order to promote acquisition of technical proficiency and trouble shoot problems for assigned area(s)
- Monitor day-to-day activities for assigned area and report issues and risks to immediate supervisor
- Provide verbal and written turnover reports indicating status of work progress
- Oversee employee activities and document as required using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Sheet metal Repair Manuals (SRMs), Service Bulletin (SBs), scripts and tally books
- Assist in establishing a training plan for assigned area
- May provide input to supervisor in regards to disciplinary actions
As our ideal candidate:
- You would typically have a minimum of five (5) years aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
- You would typically have a minimum of three (3) years aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area with a minimum of two (2) years leadership / supervisory experience (Aircraft Maintenance preferred)
- You are fully proficiency in the functional area or equivalent
- You have High School Diploma or equivalent
- You would typically have two (2) years of Business jet experience
- You would typically have one (1) year experience on Challenger, Global, or Learjet Aircraft
- You would have an A&P Certification
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You would have the experience necessary to train employees in the performance of duties within area of specialization
- You have demonstrated planning / organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign and coordinate workload of team members within a multiple project setting
- You have the Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors and customers
- You are able to work independently with moderate supervision
- The ability to forecast and provide job estimates - preferred
- Ability to type ( approximately 35 wpm) - preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC