Lead Base Unplanned Maintenance Team A&P Technician
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale Service Center was established February 1995 and is located in “The Venice of America”; the gateway to South and Central America. Located at Fort-Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Fort Lauderdale facility is winner of several FAA Diamond Awards. The 133,552 sq ft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina, Aruba, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Mauritius, Mexico and Venezuela.
In your role you will,
The Lead Base Unplanned Maintenance Team (UMT) A&P Technician will travel to customers’ aircraft to perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification, and services of customers’ aircraft. Performs and documents all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Working conditions include considerable travel, which may include international and extended assignments, with frequent face to face contact with customers. Additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned maintenance may be required.
• In a working capacity and in conjunction with the supervisor, oversee daily activities for an assigned functional area of Bombardier Business Aircraft Services (i.e., Quality, Maintenance / Operations, Line Maintenance, Interiors, Exterior Finish, Open / Close, etc). Specific Group Leader responsibilities may vary based upon assigned area.
• Coordinate workload, overtime and job assignments for team members in assigned functional area
• Provide technical guidance and expertise to assigned employees in order to promote acquisition of technical proficiency and trouble shoot problems for assigned area(s)
• Monitor day-to-day activities for assigned area and report issues and risks to immediate supervisor
• Provide verbal and written turnover reports indicating status of work progress
• Oversee employee activities and document as required using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Sheet metal Repair Manuals (SRMs), Service Bulletin (SBs), scripts and tally books
• Assist in establishing a training plan for assigned area
As our ideal candidate,
• You have an A&P Certificate
• You have a minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
• You have a minimum of 3 year experience on corporate jet aircraft
• You have a minimum of 2 year Bombardier aircraft model experience
• You have a minimum of 2 years of corporate aircraft experience
• You have the ability to become Engine Run & Taxi qualified on Bombardier Aircraft
• You are APU Run qualified on Bombardier Aircraft
• You have effective leadership skills
• You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• You have the ability necessary to train employees in the performance of duties within area of specialization
• You have demonstrated planning / organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize, assign and coordinate workload of team members within a multiple project setting
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors and customers
• You are able to work 2nd shift, Monday – Thursday, 3:30pm – 2am
• You have the ability to travel national and internationally, to support AOG events
• You have the ability to forecast and provide job estimates - preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC