We have an immediate opening for a Maintenance Control Manager in our Shelton, Connecticut operational headquarters. Gama Aviation LLC provides a wide array of aircraft management and operational support services for single aircraft to fleet operators. You’ll have the opportunity to join a team that has an incredible depth of knowledge as well as the drive to deliver service excellence to our clients.
As the Maintenance Control Manager, you would be responsible for the performance of the Maintenance Control Department supporting the Wheels Up Fleet operations. You must ensure that aircraft maintenance events are optimally executed to minimize downtime and costs. The responsibilities include ensuring that the fleet of aircraft are in compliance with all maintenance requirements, operate with appropriate MEL restrictions and scheduled maintenance events are planned and executed to reduce fleet downtimes. You would oversee and supervise, in an executive capacity, the maintenance and/or alteration of Gama operated aircraft. You are delegated by the aircraft certificate holders Director of Maintenance (DOM) to execute certain designated functions of the DOM’s office. You would be responsible for ensuring Maintenance Control Staff maintain compliance with all company policies as outlined in the Gama operating manuals. You would be a subject matter expert in the processes and policies of Gama Aviation LLC and work to constantly improve operational performance.
Primary duties include:
- Operational oversight of Maintenance Control Department to maximize fleet availability
- Ensure all out of service aircraft have an appropriate plan to expedite repairs
- Maintain fleet adherence to the maintenance programs
- Operational performance of Maintenance Control
- Managerial oversight of the Maintenance Control team members including performance reviews
- Control costs to maintain departmental budgets
- Evaluate technical support base and develop vendors to expand capacity and locations
- Ensure departmental communications are timely, factual and meeting the needs of the business
- Sample aircraft records and tracking to validate compliance with maintenance programs
- Work harmoniously with Maintenance Leadership, Flight Operations, Maintenance Vendors, and all Gama Aviation departments
- Set and manage to fleet, team and individual performance goals
- Assist in the generation of work packages for scheduled and AOG maintenance events
- All other duties as assigned