Maintenance Manager SAV
PSA Airlines •
Summary/Objective: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the assigned maintenance facility. The successful Maintenance Manager will be a team player possessing excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for maintaining aircraft, ground equipment and facilities as needed to meet airworthiness standards, operating schedules, appearance standards and cost objectives.
- Ensure maintenance programs are followed during inspection and repair of aircraft.
- Maintains local technical manuals and reference material in a current status.
- Manages the maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification of aircraft, components and related equipment.
- Tracking the time life and scheduled maintenance items on the Company managed aircraft at the Savannah location.
- Maintain maintenance records to FAA regulations on all aircraft at the Savannah location.
- Review maintenance performance against established procedures and standards.
- Initiate and develop projects to improve performance of equipment and enable better performance of maintenance.
- Responsible for employee performance reviews of aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Comply with applicable company policies, procedures and FARs.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates approximately 90% of the time inside a climate controlled building and approximately 10% of the time outside in all types of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop; occasionally push/pull and lift weight up to 75 lbs.; use hands to grasp, finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On rare occasions may be required to crawl, use fine manipulations, kneeling, and repetitive motion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations. On-call twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week for extended periods of time as needed.
Travel: Some travel may be required for this position.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; coaching; influence; mentorship; approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Good working knowledge of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR). Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required. Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging. Advanced technical degree in an engineering field, aviation field, business administration or a closely related discipline, preferred. At least five (5) years’ experience in the maintenance of large aircraft with at least two (2) years’ experience in the supervisory capacity, preferred. Experience with “Maxi Merlin” and “AMES” software preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Experience with management and administration of service contracts and agreements. Experience with budgetary management, administration and control preferred. Program management experience preferred. Ability to speak/read/write in English. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #: