Currently seeking Material Planner in Tulsa, OK
Under minimal supervision, perform the planning activities associated with supporting Production and Completions requirements within an MRP/ERP environment. Audit and maintain planning information and associated part/material attributes within applicable systems and databases. Respond to changes in schedules and changes resulting from bill of material modifications. Communicate resulting schedule changes to procurement and operations personnel when appropriate. Responsibilities may include working closely with all levels of personnel within Gulfstream and approved suppliers. Responsibilities may also include training other level Material Requirements Planners as required.
- Establish material requirements consistent with production rates, supplier lead times and corporate inventory objectives/policies.
- Ensure all data elements which impact the planning and supply chain are maintained within lead times, service levels, receiving/carrying cost, etc.Initiate purchase requisitions and purchase orders for new items, unique items and existing items that have reached reorder points.
- Coordinate with Product Support, Manufacturing Engineering, In House Shops, and purchasing to expedite parts in support of Operations and Gulfstream Customers.
- Analyze shortage situations and determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Monitor and assist in identification of excess inventory.
- Assist in determining whether the excess is subject to re-distribution or disposal.
- Maintain proper part disposition for tracking purposes.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports pertaining to current status of inventory and overall customer service level.
- Generate replenishment schedules and coverage analysis for a buyer or planner and communicate changes as required.
- Responsible for training, developing, and mentoring Material Planner I’s and II’s.
Additional Functions: 1. Identify components with high level of demand variability, analyze options and prepare recommendations for management approval. 2. Follow safety, 6S, and quality requirements in every phase of assigned duties. 3. Use Lean Manufacturing techniques to ensure inventory and in stock material is the optimum qty required. to support the operation. 4. Analyze and resolve issues to maximize customer service at the lowest total cost. 5. Frequent interaction with personnel in other departments to follow-up, expedite, and coordinate parts. 6. Develop understanding and establish experience base in Gulfstream Materials processes and procedures. 7. Develop an investigative and analytical mind set. Perform other duties as assigned.