Mechanic 3/ Engines
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
These positions are contingent on contract award.
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 3 in support of U.S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 54th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron (54AMXS), 7th and 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) supplementing the 54th Maintenance Squadron (54 MXS) and 49 MXS to support flying training for the 56th Fighter Wing (56 FW), 54th Fighter Group (54 FG), training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
The Aircraft Mechanic 3 maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- This worker will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste and smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 15-25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat or cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, in which case questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues. Night work may be required. Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. Candidate also must pass an FBI fingerprint check prior to being offered employment. Position may require travel.
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs
For further information call Scotty Cain at 469-888-4418
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft maintenance experience is required.
- Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
- Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
What We Offer
- Candidates with prior F-16 experience highly desired.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC