Flightstar Aircraft Services LLC. •
Performs specific NDT tests, calibrations, interpretations, evaluations and inspections for acceptance or rejection, and document the results in accordance with procedures within the method(s) certified. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs both simple and complex NDT inspection procedures on aircraft parts, structures, and systems in accordance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Performs both primary NDT inspections and buy-back NDT inspections as assigned.
- Writes up inspection items accurately, noting discrepancies clearly.
- Uses micrometers, gauges, calipers, indicators, and other measuring instruments and test equipment in the performance of skilled inspection work.
- Performs NDT and/or borescope inspections when applicable.
- Prepares necessary records such as inspection documentation, logs, or other records thoroughly, legibly, and in a timely manner.
- Performs buy-back NDT inspections ensuring that previously noted and subsequently repaired items have been properly completed and documented.
- Interprets blueprints, drawings, and other technical data.
- Researches and retrieves technical data as necessary.
- Maintains an updated, current knowledge of technical information and inspection techniques and requirements through adequate research and technical reading.
- Lifts and carries measuring instruments, tools, and test equipment; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears and utilizes appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Non-supervisory role HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION:
In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
- Qualified Level I or II preferred but prefer someone who does possess NDT certification in Ultra Sound (UT), Eddy Current (ET), Magnetic Particle (MT) and Penetrant (PT)
- Should be A&P licensed but not required if applicant possess commercial aircraft NDT experience under a Repairman Certificate through former employer
- Must have formal training in Non-Destructive Testing or Inspection
- Must pass the Titmus Eye Exam for visual acuity
- Must have 4 plus years’ experience hands on aircraft NDT, commercial MRO preferred but will consider
- Documented hours and training required
High School Diploma or GED required.OTHER:
FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate in good standing is preferred. COMPUTER SKILLS:
Position requires proficiency in software applications including Microsoft Office and ability to utilize Flightstar’s operating system (AMROS web and tablet). SAFETY:
Works safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Reports unsafe working conditions and behavior. Takes reasonable prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Adheres to Flightstar’s SMS safety culture. MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE:
Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Manager.
Job Ident #: