HAECO Americas •
JOB SUMMARY: The Non Destructive Testing Technician performs various methods of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) on various aircraft and aircraft engine components for which the repair station is rated. Methods to include: Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current, and Ultrasonic Testing and manufacturers’ recommendations and industry standard practices. Qualifications are based on SNT TC-1A, ATA 105 and NAS 410.
JOB DUTIES:1. Identify discrepancies on aircraft and components using non destructive inspection techniques.
2. Ensure proper NDT techniques, procedures, standards, specifications, and procedures are used.
3. Set-up/calibrate equipment and interpret/evaluate results with respect to applicable standards and specifications. 4. Establish techniques and prepare written instructions and determine acceptance criteria.
5. Train through (OJT) NDT Level I personnel for certification in those NDT methods of which the NDT Level II or Level III is certified. Comply with requirements and follow guidance of the HAECO NDT manual.
6. Comply with other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager/Chief Inspector
7. Document all experience on appropriate forms.
SECONDARY DUTIES:1. Maintain lab in a clean and orderly manner.
2. Maintain all NDT equipment and tools in usable condition in accordance with specifications for each.
3. Perform NDT audits pertaining to safety and proper maintenance procedures for each method appointed as Level II or Level III.
1. Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Read, write, speak and understand the English Language.
3. Two (2) or more years working as a aircraft NDT technician, graduation from an approved NDT training Course with certification or certified per a military MOS or training course with verifiable practical experience.
4. Have a general familiarity with other appropriate NDT methods, as demonstrated by the ASNT (American Society for Nondestructive Testing) Basic Examination or other means.
5. Shall have received at least the minimum hours of training as specified in the HAECO NDT Procedures manual to level 1 for each NDT method in which they are to be certified. These hours are required to meet the minimum requirements of SNT-TC-1A, ATA Specification 105 or NAS 410E.
6. Have sufficient practical background knowledge in applicable materials, fabrication, and product technology.
7. Documentation of experience and certification from prior employer or any other facility with an approved training program may be utilized to meet these requirements. 8. Must have been previously certified to at least Level II in a minimum of 2 the 4 methods listed above.
9. Must have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate or be eligible for appropriate Repairman Certificate.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC