At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Product Repair/Mod Tech to support V-22 On-Site Quick Reaction Team at Cannon AFB, New Mexico.
- CV-22 Maintenance Readiness Team/ On-Site Quick Reaction Team.
- Must be knowledgeable in aspects of V-22 aircraft maintenance, modification and repair to include skill and experience in either Electrical and Avionics or Airframes system disciplines.
- Candidate must have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety).
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Independently assembles, disassembles and troubleshoots numerous assemblies by changing, removing and replacing aerospace components, using general aerospace maintenance practices and aerospace product specifications to correct failures.
- Removes and replaces components for repair, replacement or testing, to support product serviceability.
- Resolves and corrects routine problems during operation, maintenance and overhaul of deliverable products.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul functions to ensure adequacy, accuracy and thoroughness of product assembly, disassembly and overhauls.
- Measures and makes adjustments independently, using shims, lapping or other documented processes, to satisfy specifications and ensure correct tolerances are obtained.
- Identifies and assists engineering with discrepancies. Trains and mentors less experienced personnel.
- Independently performs routine and complex functional/diagnostic tests and troubleshoots aerospace/missile systems, using monitoring instruments and bench/automated test equipment, to determine root cause of initial or isolated failures.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components to ensure serviceability.
- Troubleshoots for customers, using established fault isolation procedures, in order to isolate routine mechanical or electrical faults. Troubleshoots with limited/little engineering or co-worker assistance.
- Calls out repairs, however consults engineering and customer with results, if needed.
- Oversees training of individuals.
- Independently documents repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results, using specific, detailed instructions and established processes and procedures, to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Verifies and ensures correctness of documented instructions and procedures to modify, troubleshoot, repair and test assemblies. Assists engineering to rectify discrepancies found by technicians.
- Properly identifies discrepancies found with parts and assists with reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Visually inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components. Identifies and documents discrepancies found during inspection.
- Aids in resolution of discrepancies found by technicians.
- Independently performs modifications to satisfy deliverable products.
- Understands and interprets required engineering drawings, instructions and technical specifications to advise technicians.
- Resolves and corrects routine and complex problems during modification of deliverable products.
- Ensures adequacy, accuracy and thoroughness of product modification.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Minimum 3 years V-22 maintenance experience
- At the sole discretion of leadership, must be willing and able (on potentially short-notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- FAA Airframes and Powerplants License preferred.
- Minimal travel to other work sites
- Minimum 3 years of Organizational maintenance experience
- High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.