Ascent Aviation Services •
The Project Manager is responsible to the Hangar Operations Manager. The Project Manager develops the plan in collaboration with Sr. Production Planners and through coordination with the Sr. Director of Maintenance/Planning. The Project Manager will determine and assign work load requirements to the Skills Managers to assure a smooth transition between shifts for all skills to ensure the Company meets the re-delivery date.
The Project Manager will make sure that all repair personnel carry out their respective duties in full accordance to company policies and procedures and in full compliance to FAA/EASA regulations and in line with OEM MPDs. To retain a consistent crew unless work load in other areas dedicate differently. The workload is to be coordinated with the Sr. Director of Maintenance/Planning and other Project Managers, Shift Managers, Department Managers, as well as the assigned Supervisors and Leads in the various skills assigned to the project to ensure a smooth transition between shifts.
The Project Manager’s responsibility extends to, QUALITY, FINANCIAL RESULTS, SAFETY, AND ON-TIME DELIVERY OF THE PROJECT. The Project Manager must be adequately versed in all aspects of the projects(s) in order to properly review man hours and explain any discrepancies which the customer may have. The Project Manager will continuously communicate with and specifically give progress reports to the customer on a daily basis. The Project Manager must attend all required meetings and brief on the progress of their projects, and results of latest customer meetings. Any obstacles which may have any bearing on the release or schedule of the project must be reviewed with the Sr. Director of Maintenance.
- Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires occasional bending, climbing, stooping or squatting.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, maintenance offices, and flight-line.
Protective Equipment Required: Ear protection.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working around moving machinery.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Have a working knowledge of the company Inspection Procedures Manual (IPM) and Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Requirements.
- Through coordination with the Sr. Director Maintenance/Planning, the Project Manager will determine and assign to the Skills managers the following:Manpower requirements.Ground support equipment.Tooling and equipment levels.Facilities – Availability.
- Control the maintenance production flow on the assigned project.
- Coordinate maintenance and schedule requirements with customers
- Coordinates with all departments to ensure accomplishment work scope, proper work flow and sequencing.Meet daily with the Management team assigned to the program from each functional area to review the work scope and its requirements and the contract/budget restrictions where applicable.Meet daily with all appropriate parties for the purpose of updating the Customer on the status of their program
- Coordinates the planned billable man-hours for the day and shifts with Skill Managers/Supervisors.Identifies and coordinates with Skill Managers the man-hours estimates required for opened non-routines.Rationalize man-hour estimates to the customer, gains approval, then executes to ensure on-time project completion
- Evaluates the percentage of total planned man-hours utilized compared to the percentage of completion of assigned work orders ensuring project is within budgetary/contract constrains.Ensures that post dock recaps are produced for maintenance checks.Updates Project metrics in Filemaker ProEnsure budget and delivery schedule is maintained.Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Senior Production Planners and Production Control Planners
- Delegate such duties assigned to specific personnel as necessary, however, such delegation does not relieve the overall responsibilities.Provide leadership and direction, coach and mentor direct reports and their subordinates to consistently deliver excellence in their undertaking as individuals and team players, ensuring high quality workmanship and on-time re-delivery of aircraft.
- Obtain customer approvals for man hours and parts as needed.
- Provide complete explanation and meticulous detail to justify the request for approval.
- Ensure the work area and bay in which their Aircraft project is located is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant at all times, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are enforced at all times with an objective of securing an environment conducive to employee well-being.
- Scrutinize the proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored (including racks by aircraft).
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Review daily personnel performance and progress on aircraft to determine if any alteration to the plan and schedule is necessary and to ensure that tasks are completed within budgeted time.
Additional Job Functions:
Introduce Customer to all the key players on the program but ensuring that the customers’ contact for schedules, budget issues, problems dealing with personnel or procedures and/or other concerns as the Project Manager.Assisting in the bid/proposal process with Marketing and Contracts.The Project Manager will communicate continually with the assigned Skills Managers regarding the execution of the program and will be the interface for the Skills Managers for problems concerning other functional areas, i.e., Material, Inspection, and Finance.The Project Manager will review daily the labor and material charges on the Program and ensures that the Maintenance personnel have available such reports for their daily evaluation.The Project Manager will hold periodic (daily or more often) meetings with all appropriate parties for the purpose of updating the Customer on the status of their program.Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines; excellent communication skills including ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to prioritize and delegate multiple work projects; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization; excellent presentation skills and ability to favorably represent the company; excellent leadership, two-way communication, judgment, creativity, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities; ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations; strong knowledge of human behavior and management techniques.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Four years in Aviation Management or related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: Five to ten years of aircraft maintenance experience on commercial aircraft.
Certificates/Licenses: Valid driver’s license required. A&P License required.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Job Ident #: