DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Network & Imaging Systems, LLC in Cypress is part of the Electro-Optical and Infrared Systems Group of DRS and has over 30 years of experience in designing and developing electro-optical/infrared systems for surveillance and targeting applications. The company is also involved in the development of strategic space systems.
This position will support quality and engineering staff by performing inspection of activities to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models. The candidate selected for this position will also assist in coordinating implementation and maintenance of configuration management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect products, components, subassemblies, and/or systems to ensure conformance to requirements
- Assist the Quality Engineer with identifying non-conforming conditions of products that present existing or impending defective conditions at the system or subsystem level of assembly
- Assist the Quality Engineer prepare inspection plans and checklists for inspection
- Assist the Quality Engineer with data collection and root cause analysis investigations
- Perform material movement transactions after completing the inspection process
- May specialize in receiving inspection, in-process inspection, process verification/auditing, final inspection, etc.
- Assist in coordinating the implementation and maintenance of configuration management systems
- Provide support to the Engineering technical staff and be responsible for regular reporting of progress and status
- Complete assigned tasks on time and meeting technical requirements
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Associate’s degree in engineering or related technical field (CAD data systems)
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of relevant manufacturing standards (such as J-STD-001, IPC-A-610) or common mechanical techniques (such as geometric dimensioning and tolerance practices)
- Ability to use various measurement devices (calipers, pins, gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc.) to verify mechanical part compliance
- Experience reading mechanical drawings and able to verify parts dimensions against drawing requirements
- U.S. Citizenship status required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- General computer skills
- Experience with CAD data systems desirable
- Experience using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Optical comparator, or other complex inspection systems is desired
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Must be diligent, hardworking, and quick to learn
Walking – 0-50% of time Sitting – 0-50% of time Standing – 0-25% of time
Bending – 0-10% of time Stooping – 0-10% of time Lifting – 0-20 lbs, 0-25% of time
Climbing – 0-10% of time
Normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work and local travel.
In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. We are committed to building a workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. At Leonardo DRS, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment makes us a stronger Company. We embrace different points of view, respect one another in the workplace, and understand that an inclusive environment furthers creativity, innovation, and business performance. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC