The Safety Coordinator will assist with the development, implementation, management and continuous improvement of FEAM's Safety Management System (SMS) program in accordance with FAA and ICAO guidelines. This position monitors safety issues, provides safety education, investigates incidents/accidents and provides technical support to FEAM employees to ensure compliance with federal and local safety, health, and environmental regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director of Quality & Safety in development and implementation of the organizations’ SMS.
- Ensure the development and implementation of appropriate occupational safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions and reduce the frequency of work related accidents and injuries with emphasis on aggressive prevention efforts for on-the-job accidents and injuries.
- Manages, develops and coordinates change management, risk assessments and safety analysis.
- Maintains the hazard identification and risk assessment processes and database.
- Investigates and evaluates root cause of identified hazards, near misses, incidents/accidents, auditing findings, and operational risks and then assures the mitigation or elimination of identified hazards and risks.
- Tracks, trends, and manages pertinent safety data through the use of database software.
- Reviews current practices, inspects maintenance facilities and makes safety recommendations.
- Create, implement and maintain processes that maintain compliance with pertinent OSHA and EPA requirements and best practices.
- Manages publication and safety promotion of periodic safety newsletters and briefings.
- Maintains Emergency Response Plans (ERP) across the organization to include, ERP documentation, implementation, and oversight.
- Develop and conduct periodic emergency response drills and exercises.
- Responsible for the development/revision of training program/materials for safety, security and emergency response programs.
- Provides general safety and SMS training to employees
- Monitor and report to top management on all company activities that may have an impact on safety.
- Propose safety policies and procedures, monitor its implementation and provide an independent review on its effectiveness.
- Process and serve as gatekeeper for all safety reports
- Perform an annual safety performance evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Safety or related field;
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in aviation safety or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A&P certificate and/or Commercial Pilot certificate desired
- Formal education in Safety Management Systems preferred
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 145 & 121 operations and environment.
- Must have strong organization skills and the ability to set and meet deadlines;
- Detail oriented, and have the ability to work in a fast- paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Successful candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to use independent judgment and make appropriate decisions and determination;
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Successful candidate must be able to write effective reports, business correspondence, and manuals;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with MS Office products (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC