Sheet Metal Fabricators: 34857
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Sheet Metal Fabricators in Madison Heights, Michigan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as...
- Setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds in order to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, and drills.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of assembled parts, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Finish parts, using hacksaws, and hand, rotary, or squaring shears.
- Maintain equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of welding experience
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)