Sheet Metal Mechanic - Vertex Aerospace
Vertex Aerospace •
VERTEX AEROSPACE is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility, rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our international presence and a vast range of services distinguish us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated & Maintained Base Supply, Engineering, Training Support, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, & Overhaul, and all levels of Maintenance for UAVs, helicopters, and airplanes.
At Vertex Aerospace we are always seeking to hire Aircraft Structures Mechanic for a wide variety of assignments. These positions range from CONUS to OCONUS locations in support of our clients. A recruiter will review your resume and determine if you meet the qualifications for any vacancies that are open. The Recruiter will then direct you through the appropriate application process for the position.
Aircraft Mechanics responsibilities include but are not be limited to the following:
- Must promote Company values, policies, and standards of conduct
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance.; may require being knowledgeable with documentation software
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift, overtime, or weekend duty as required
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Assemble parts, fittings, or subassemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, or fasteners, such as bolts, screws, rivets, or clamps. See more occupations related to this task.
- Read blueprints, illustrations, or specifications to determine layouts, sequences of operations, or identities or relationships of parts. See more occupations related to this task.
- Attach brackets, hinges, or clips to secure or support components or subassemblies, using bolts, screws, rivets, chemical bonding, or welding. See more occupations related to this task.
- Inspect or test installed units, parts, systems, or assemblies for fit, alignment, performance, defects, or compliance with standards, using measuring instruments or test equipment.
- Adjust, repair, rework or replace parts or assemblies to ensure proper operation.
- Cut, trim, file, bend, or smooth parts to ensure proper fit and clearance. See more occupations related to this task.
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment. See more occupations related to this task.
- Layout and mark reference points and locations for the installation of parts or components, using jigs, templates, or measuring and marking instruments. See more occupations related to this task.
- Clean, oil, or coat system components as necessary before assembly or attachment. See more occupations related to this task.
- Assemble prefabricated parts to form sub-assemblies. See more occupations related to this task.
- Set, align, adjust, or synchronize aircraft armament or rigging or control system components to established tolerances or requirements using sighting devices and hand tools. See more occupations related to this task.
- Join structural assemblies, such as wings, tails, or fuselage. See more occupations related to this task.
- Position and align subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments and following blueprint lines and index points.
Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC