Specialist II Manufacturing - Assembler
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Signal Solutions, Inc. specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Job Title: Manufacturing Assembler
Performs advanced level assembly functions, which may include: prep, mechanical , harness, cable, printed circuit board sub-assemblies, spray application, and inspection, typically working from models and/or drawings, within Production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced level assembly functions, which may include: prep, mechanical , harness, cable, printed circuit board sub-assemblies, spray application, and inspection, typically working from models and/or drawings, within Production.
- May perform soldering and installation of components to contract specifications, using a wide range of tools and equipment
- Interprets blueprints, Manufacturing Work Instructions, and other written or verbal instructions
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to SPC standard practices
- Must be trained across all assembly stages, work w/Engineering to build 1st articles by interpreting print/specification with no process provided and the ability to interpret/assemble all units in department
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget
- Follows Written Work instructions
- Works under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet specific needs
- Able to effectively communicate with other functional departments, such as Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality, and Sales
- Resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment (WHMIS)
- Proper use of required Personal Protective Equipment
- May participate in LEAN Events, “Six S” activities, action teams etc.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Requires High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ directly related experience in electronic assembly
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate good decision making ability
- Current IPC Certification preferred
Physical Requirements include Lifting, Walking, Climbing, Sitting, Standing, Bending, Stooping, Kneeling)
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC