Sr Maintenance Manager
Republic Airline •
Plans, coordinates and directs aircraft maintenance to produce cost effective, reliable maintenance operation in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations. Ensures facility is maintained in compliance with company and OSHA regulations.
- Manages mechanics in overall maintenance operation in compliance with 14 CFR, manufactures specifications, the GMM, Company policy and procedures as well as other methods accepted by the FAA and OSHA.
- Assists in and/or develops effective schedules to meet the demands of the operation. Utilizes manpower and schedules to effectively complete maintenance. Keeps informed of the status of work-in-progress and prioritizes work.
- Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Develops innovative solutions to make aircraft maintenance processes more efficient and effective.
- Ensures that maintenance base has adequate materials, calibrated tooling and equipment to effectively accomplish maintenance. Maintains the maintenance base in good working condition.
- Evaluates Continuous Analysis and Surveillance System process to ensure best maintenance practices are use.
- Ensures that detailed accident or damage reports are completed when incidents occur and makes recommendation to prevent reoccurrence.
- Recommends changes to GMM to eliminate conflicts and/or enhance operational effectiveness.
- Supports other locations’ maintenance base operations by taking into account Company-wide interests.
- Insures OSHA/safety guidelines are followed. Ensures safety training of all mechanics.
- Manages the timely and accurate information on aircraft status, including accurate communication with Maintenance Control.
- Coordinates with human resources for questions/issues with leaves of absence, compensation, benefits EAP, etc.
- Oversees vendors (building maintenance, uniform, janitorial, etc.) to ensure that all work and services are provided in a timely manner.
- Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential employees. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
- Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent with an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- 6 years A&P experience on similar aircraft with at least two of those years in a supervisory or lead position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- No previous felony convictions and a stable employment history.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Able to work both in a team setting and individually.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a stressful environment.
- Must be able to communicate in an effective, calm and professional manner at all times.
Job Ident #: