Sr. Mechanical Engineer
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Network & Imaging Systems, LLC in Cypress is part of the Electro-Optical and Infrared Systems Group of DRS and has over 30 years of experience in designing and developing electro-optical/infrared systems for surveillance and targeting applications. The Company is also involved in the development of strategic space systems.
Leonardo DRS is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Cypress, CA. This position will require the successful candidate to develop precision electro-mechanical/opto-mechanical assemblies from concept to hardware using computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Examples include telescope/camera assemblies, positioning systems, vision systems, and electronics packaging for space and terrestrial applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading a technical group on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Participate in preparation of proposals
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field and at least five (5) or more years of experience
- Precision mechanical, opto-mechanical, or electronics packaging design experience required
- ProEngineer CAD experience required
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Has held leadership positions in teams
- Must be diligent, hardworking, and quick to learn
- Hands-on mechanical assembly experience preferred (professional or hobby)
- Machine shop or equivalent experience preferred (professional or hobby)
- Design for military or space requirements preferred
Walking – 0-25% of time Sitting – 0-75% of time Standing – 0-25% of time
Bending – 0-10% of time Stooping – 0-10% of time Lifting – 5-10 lbs, 0-10% of time
Normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work and local travel.
In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. We are committed to building a workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. At Leonardo DRS, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment makes us a stronger Company. We embrace different points of view, respect one another in the workplace, and understand that an inclusive environment furthers creativity, innovation, and business performance. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC