Structural Mech II
PDS Tech is seeking a Structural Mechanic II for an open position in Savannah, GA
In your role, you will:
In a team-oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, countersinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging the structure.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine the sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- Able to work with minimal supervision on duties and tasks.
- Support Lean Activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.